blankhomeportfoliogetintouch

Thursday, October 20, 2011

the prettiest of newport

We're spending the week in Annapolis, Maryland and loving every minute of it.  It feels so good to be somewhere familiar after all our time away from home.  We have missed our friends here more than we even expected!  Vince's parents are flying in tonight and we can't wait to see them and the Caldwell family {Vince's USNA sponsor family} too.  It is such a treat to be back!  NAPS plays tomorrow and they're 5-0 right now so we're keeping our fingers crossed for another "W".  We are going to the Navy game on Saturday too and it will be the first football game Vince and I ever go to together-- usually he's on the field and I'm cheering him on!  I can't wait to root for Navy from the stands again.  

Since Vince works most of the day while we're here, I've had a lot of time to play around with a new photo editor I downloaded so I took the opportunity to take some of my favorite pictures of Newport and make them black and white {it's harder than it sounds--and I still need a lot of practice!}.  These are pictures of Kingston beach, Fort Adams, and downtown:






Here are some more I've taken that I couldn't stand turning to black and white because the colors are so beautiful!  These are from Barrington, RI and Kingston Beach:




Thank you so much to Melissa for introducing me to Lightroom!!  I have a lot of learning to do...

2 comments:

  1. Court- Those pictures are awesome looking! I know that you think they need more work, but to the average eye- they're beautiful looking! I'm very impressed, I would think a professional took those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Courtney! Your photos are beautiful, I'm very impressed. P.S. Lightroom rocks!

    ReplyDelete