blankhomeportfoliogetintouch

Thursday, October 13, 2011

feels like fall

Monday Vince and I had off work for Columbus Day so we took advantage of the free time and went to the pumpkin patch at Sweet Berry Farms in Middletown, RI.  They had a huge field full of pumpkin vines so there were plenty to choose from!  Vince is excited about the giant pumpkin he found.  We'll carve them a little closer to Halloween so that they don't go bad before the trick or treaters come by {I am SO excited for our first trick or treaters}.  I had to post these pictures because the day was just so fun but I really need to work on getting the right lighting!!

Vince with my perfect-sized pumpkin

We needed a wheel barrel to carry them!

Vince got in a "two-a-day" because we played tennis in the morning and then he went to a nearby golfcourse to play a round with a friend.  While he was golfing, I went to Oktoberfest in downtown Newport with some of the other NAPS coaches.  There was a lot to see {dancers, bands, bag pipes} but best of all was the delicious food to try... I couldn't pass up the New England lobster bisque.  Delicious!

Brice {the kindergartner I babysit} and I are having fun enjoying the nice weather while it lasts.  We visit the park a lot and have been to feed the horses at Fort Adams too.  They live in a huge field and right now, it's covered in pretty purple flowers!  Tuesday, we were in a fall kind of mood so we did a Halloween craft and made these delicious baked apples... ours didn't look quite like this when they were done but still tasted yummy!


Brice feeding the funny miniature ponies

I survived another night without Vince home on Wednesday.  He had overnight duty... poor guy.  I got to visit and took him a burrito bowl from a Chipotle copycat restaurant--closest Chipotle is 40 minutes away... we have barely survived without it!

We have our last free weekend here in Newport until we move {NAPS has a bye weekend} and are looking for a good adventure.  I'll update you soon!

Love and miss you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment