blankhomeportfoliogetintouch

Friday, January 20, 2012

my best friend is getting married!!

I'm getting worse and worse at keeping up with the blog but I keep telling myself it's because I'm becoming busier and busier!  I finally have a pretty steady job and the best part is the drive might be two minutes long.  I'm subbing at St. Andrew's Elementary School right down the street from the Caldwell's, our current home.  My first few days there were spent in the preschool and every day when I came home, Vince asked me to tell him a funny story.  The kids never failed me...

"Did you know if you eat too many lunches, you'll get fat?"-a 3 year old across the room.
"YA, LIKE MY DAD!"-another 3 year old close by!

I've been having so much fun with these little guys but Vince has been busy at work, too.  He's doing some football recruiting here at the Academy and last weekend, they had in 17 recruits!  It made for lots of trips to the airport.  He gets to eat some good food though so there are no complaints :) We're both pretty ready to get the ball rolling and head to TBS (Marine basic training) so that he can start working on becoming a pilot.  We just sent in our application for an apartment in Stafford, VA so it's feeling a little more within reach now.  

While V was work, work, working last weekend, I headed home {yes, again!} for Lindsey's bachelorette party... I can't believe she's getting married in just 3 months-- another good reason to head home!!  Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend:

Poor guy is sad I'm leaving!


The bachelorette herself!

Getting marriage advice: to hang out with other married people!! HIGH FIVE!

The Palace

CONGRATS, LINDSEY!  I LOVE YOU!!

1 comment:

  1. Funny...Vince looked the same way after he bet me the Packers would win! Good luck with the subbing Courtney. Vince, you were awfully quiet after the win over the 49'ers. Want to try again on the Superbowl?? Who's your Daddy now???!!! signed your smack talkin' Uncle Tony.

    ReplyDelete