blankhomeportfoliogetintouch

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

today is good

After what has been perhaps my busiest day since our move to Virginia, I just have to write about how good this day has been {with the exception of my trip to the dentist... my mom would be so proud I went by myself!}.  I went to a bible study with some of the other TBS wives and had the best time.  We kept it casual and just got to know each other but it was so much fun.  It's such a blessing to be meeting girls who are in the same boat when it comes to this new military lifestyle.  They are all so encouraging and wonderful!

Vince is doing okay too.  These two weeks are hard on him with a 3am wake-up call and late nights, too, but he's hanging tough.  He is so sweet coming home everyday with a smile on his face... even despite the killer blisters on his heels and the exhaustion he endures.  I am proud of his hard work and attitude.

We found a church we really love and have gotten to meet several other TBS couples there, too.  They've been doing a series called "A Cloud as Small as a Man's Hand" about Elijah and his faith and persistence.  It has been a helpful reminder to just count on God- He has been so good to us!

We're headed to the Caldwell's this Saturday to spend time with them and celebrate Easter.  We are both very excited to see them.  Then, Sunday night, I head home to Northern Kentucky for a week.  My sisters are on Spring Break so I'll get to spend a lot of time with them.  Vince was jealous when he heard we plan on going to a Red's game :).  He's headed home to meet us on Saturday for my best friend's wedding {YAY LINDS!!} and Tyler Simmons is tagging along so we'll all be celebrating this exciting day together.

See ya Sunday!!

P.S. Even though Vince fell asleep during the second half of the game, I still have to say how excited we are that UK won number 8!! GO CATS!

No comments:

Post a Comment